Jon & Kate: Plus 8
The Biggest Looser
Lets start with Jon and Kate. There is no doubt that you haven't heard about the huge scandal that is going on between them. There are rumors that Jon (32-year-old father of 8 children) is having or had an affair with a 23-year-old teacher. Then the media comes out and backlashes Kate (34-year-old mother of 8 children) that she had an affair with the families bodyguard. It's turned into some disgusting and just plain ole' wrong.
I have fallen in love with that show and the family. They have such strong morals and Christian belief's (a prime example that we all stumble). But, its really sad to see a marriage fall apart in the media's eyes.
I'm an avid reader of people.com, everyday many times a day. And this morning there was an article about Kate (it will be on the cover of this Friday's issue) and how she is publicly speaking about her and Jon's marriage problems. How they both have been struggling for some time and she wouldn't be surprised if it did end in divorce. That's a really sad thing to see happen.
But I have come to a conclusion. Our world is so corrupt. I feel that both Jon and Kate got caught up in the hoop-la of being famous, they got caught up of the free gifts, the free trips, the nice fath six figure paycheck, the big house, and here they are know realizing what they both collectively did as partners to their marriage. They put their careers before themselves and through what I have seen and read, that is why divorced happen. It's a sad situation, and I sometimes wish that the media would just leave them along, let them figure this out on their own, because its hard as it is and I'm sure having the camera in your face 24/7 dosent help the situation much.
Although, I have been interested in this case, since my major at USA is Public Relations, and this is a huge PR ploy. I'm taking notes!!!
Moving on to my second show that I absolutely love. The Biggest Looser!!!
Last night was the LIVE finally. All I have to say is that show is the most motivating show in the world. It's amazing to watch people drop hundreds of pounds and become a new person, literally. The winner last night was a 47-year-old woman who lost an amazing 140 pounds!!! That's like losing me!!! Although she wasn't the one who I was rooting for, Mike was a 19-year old guy that lost an amazing 207 pounds!!! It's hard to believe that someone can lose that amount of weight. But he looked amazing.
It for sure motivates me to lose the 10 pounds that I have packed on during my 3 years in college, not bad since one of my good friends has packed on a mere 30!!!
Emma and I both have decided that this summer, we are going to get in shape. We are going to start having cooking parties, eating healthy, working out daily (taking work-out classes at the Rec Center on Campus, and using the gym that our apartment has!) There is no time like the present to get into shape and start living a good and healthy life.
I have always had a dream to one day be able to run a marathon. To be able to run those miles and kick butt. That might take years until I reach that goal, but I do know that I plan on doing that!!!
So, that's my little breather for the moment about how sad it is to see a family fall apart because of the media and how amazing and joyful it is to see individuals start their life over by losing weight!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment