WOW!
I just glanced at my calender and saw that it's the middle of July!!! Meaning in no time, I will be heading back to school and back to the books and papers of trying to graduate on top ( that's harder than it seems). This summer has been one of great reward, not just physically but mentally, emotionally, and spirtually. The Lord has drawn my heart close to his again and I yearn for him. I praise Him, even when I have no desire to and when I am angry and fighting with him. He is great!!! I often wonder what my life would be like if I didn't have a deep relationship with the Lord......I am sure that I would not be here ( for the darkest time in my life many years ago, I thought I would take my life). How selfish as I look back on it. I thank the Lord everyday for life and for it stands for. Becuase he is good and loves me, I was spared and I am one of his chosen children!! Praise God!
Something that has been on my heart for quite some time now, is Hope and Billy Atchison. With the lose of their baby girl Alaina, I have kept up with Hope's blog that she has been keeping. Let's just say that I am beyond amazed and speechless at how great our God is. He has enstilled in Hope and strength that is only tangable through him. Even through this horrific, trying time she is raising her hands to the heavens and praising him. I have been humbled and have a new outlook on what life should be based on. Not what I base it on ( i.e: what I wear, what I drive, ect) it should be based on and centered around the Lord. For it is a daily struggle for me to praise the Lord, at times it will be months before I pick the bible up and really read and sink into his word. But despite that, he is good and he for some reason still draws me near to him, even when I don't desire him. God is Good!
I pray that I can be a godly example to those around me. Be a leader to those that need the leading and be loving to those that feel they are not! I am called to be a servent, my heart ( not to toot my own horn) but I love serving. If I could uplift someone's day by sending a note, or calling when they are sick, then that makes my day. Even though I am selfish, I love to put others before myself. A dream of mine, is to enroll into the Peace Corps, after I graduate from college. ALthough this needs to be prayed about, I have a yearnign to go and spread the word, to go and be humbled for my surrounds are better than over 90% if the world. How great, and who am I to be bitter and angry for not having the newist things. I feel so shallow writting that, but it is beyond true in all it stands for.
So I pray that everyone is and has been having a great, restful summer and that in prasing the Lord we find a peace and center about ourselves. Repeat to yourself that God is Good and that all things are planned before time itself and he has prepared us to walk the road we are on, be it a road of dispair or a raod of contentment, he is perfect and his plan is perfect. Who are we to judge and be angry at him ( our sinful nature)!
XOXO- Molly
P.S- I started sewing, I made my first pillows last night, they are a little funky, but I think over time I will get the hang of it. My next sewing adventure it to make curtins for my new apartment in Mobile....I will post some pictures of the pillows and curtins when they are all done.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment