It's already August!! Where does time go...it seems as I get older, the summers and school years just fly by. I don't want that to happen, because that means that I have to grow up and take more responsibilities on ( that is a scary thing)!
Tomorrow is Nate's 16th birthday:) He is so old, but he has turned into be a wonderful, Christ serving, loving young man! So I decided to help mom out and make both the cake he wants for tonight, as we celebrate with family and the cupcakes for tomorrow's party with friends!! Just call me little miss Betty crocker!!! I enjoy baking and cooking, because there is an end product and it's structured. The family was sitting around this morning at breakfast and we were talking about how fast the 16 years has gone and a story came up about myself when Nate was born, I remember this event so well and we always get a good laugh out of it when we talk about it.
I was 3 1/2 when Nate was born, the last of the Vosicky children and we lived in the wonderful town of Fond du lac, Wisconsin!!! Yes, he is a true cheese head, and he is one proud man to say that he is. The day Nate was born, Alex and I were dropped off at our family friends house, Bill and Cathy Crawford ( wonderful people that were true servents). Well, as a little girl, I had a true fear of men, mostly fathers. I didn't spend the night at anyone of my friends house until I was in the 7th grade!!!! But the story goes, is Mr. Bill was going to take Alex and I to the hospital to see Nate and mom. For the past day I had made my perch on their leather couch ( thank God for that) and never got off. Alex went about his regular self and played and was loud. The time came for Mr. Bill to take us to the hospital and he came near me to pick me up and carry me to the car, as he picked me up I proceeded to "pee" my pants on him and their wonderful leather couch!!!! Yes, I was so scared of him that I peed all over him and myself. Alex descirbes me as a little timmed kitten, of course that is a pathetic way to look at it, but whatever! I was determined that no one was going to move me, so the Crawford's had to call another great friend of our's Kathy Johnson to come and get me.
Looking back at that, I laugh at myself because it was such a weird game that my mind was playing on me. That is just one of many stories that the Vosicky household will laugh all day over and it brings back wonderful memories, even if they involve me peeing my pants on the pastor of our church!!!!
Well, Happy Birthday Nate!!! I guess I should go and check on my baking progress. This afternoon I am contemplating on cleaning my car, it seems to accumulate junk over time and alot of sand ( what little kids drag into your car)!!!
Enjoy Christs love!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment