

It is moment's like this that I get to share with my mom that makes me want to walk. When I really think about it, it wasn't that bad. Yeah, we had to shower in portable showers (but there was hot water, after walking 20 miles that is really nice), the horrific use of port-potties (they were kept really clean, because you have to think this event is mostly women and no women is going to be using a nasty port-pottie), then there is the waking up at the crack of dawn in the cold weather (that's the part that was the hardest).
But when it is all said and done and you look back and are surrounded with hundreds of women and look at how far you walked, it is the most amazing feeling. And it's not just the fact that I walked 60 miles in Atlanta with my mom and my best friend, it's the fact that I walked 60 miles to save women from going through what I saw my mom go through. I walked for myself and for my children and friends, because I don't want to have a cure for breast cancer. And I especially walked for a young girl that changed my life and she didn't even know it, we walked and she cheered us on with a sign that brought many women to tears and that sign read...."my mommy would have said Thank You!" When I keep going back to that moment I remember that little girl and that rest of that day and how I walked and kept walking to help her and to help all the other young girls that have lost their mom to breast cancer.
So, I will walk again. But along side many more people that are close to me. I have asked people that are close to me to walk with me. So, October 23-25, 2009 I will be walking through Atlanta once again, beside Mom, Dad, Nate, Alex, Sarah O'Neil, Mike O'Neil, Kathy O'Neil and myself!!! 8 people that will walk again for a cause. As Mom, Sarah, Mrs. Kathy and I found out last year, the hardest part of the entire process if NOT raising the money because the fund's come (somehow and someway they arrive).
No comments:
Post a Comment