Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A family of 10!!

One of my favoirte show's on tv nowa days is, "Jon and Kate plus 8!"

I look forward to Monday nights when I get to watch how amazing their children are and how Jon and Kate are two parents that were made to have 8 children ( 6 of which all came out at the same time)! I have learned so much from Kate in her love and patience for her children, she has a very structered house hold....of which she has to have, having 8 children. Cara, Maddie, Aiden, Collin, Joel, Leah, Hannah, Alexis....are 8 of the most adorable children!!! They make a bad day that turn into a wonderful day.

I also love the message that they are sending out, they are believers and their motto is that they were created to serve the Lord. Jon and Kate both look at them having 8 children as a blessing from the Lord. He picked them to be parents of 8 children and the parents of sextuples!!! You have to have the strength from the Lord to endure 32 weeks of carring 6 babies, and then endure another 10 weeks of bedrest in the hospital....that is what I call an amazing mother and women.

I find strength in Kate, that I never thought that I would find. My desire to have children of my own are beyond words, although I know that the Lord is wonderful in all things and that he has plans that he is prepairing me for, I have no clue what they are and it is in time that I will find out. Although, I would love to birth a child of my own, the reality of that happening for me is very slim. Although at 20, things can change in the years to come, but as of right now I don't see myself having children of my own. But that will not stop me from being a mother......I will go around the world to have a child. I have always had a place in my heart for adoption and I see that it is all falling into place now as I get older and see the bigger picture.....a blessing in discuise. I tell my parents and friends that my Christmas cards are going to have every color of the rainbow. I want a family of differnt colors and ethnic backgrounds, children of different races and lives.

I'm not sure that the Lord has called me to be a mother of 8.....but I do believe that he has called me and is prepairing me for that journey of being a mother.

I'm sure many of you are reading this and thinking, she's only 20!! Yes, that is true, and the simple fact that I have never been in a relationship, but I am a firm believer that if something is on your heart it means the Lord placed it there for you to meditate on it and pray about it. I do, I pray that one day I will find the man the Lord has called me to be with ( if that is in his plan) and that he has planned and set a side children for me to have....be it my own or be it someone elses, that couldnt care for their child. Our God is a wonderful maker, a maker of life and to think that he has my ENTIRE life planned out is beyond me...it's to hard to fathom that before time itself I was set aside to be created and walk the walk that I live, to carry my cross and follow Him. I could fall to my knee's now thinking of how wonderful of a gift that is.....to be a child of Christ.

So no matter what the LOrd has in store for me......be it a mother of my own child, or a mother of a child that's mother couldnt take of.....I'm prepaired.

Jon and Kate are two of the most amazing parents, and even though they have problems just as we do ( marriage, family, money, ect.) they relay on a higher power to get them through it. An inspiration for me to find that for them the love a their family is more important to them than anything else in this world.......clothing, money, cars, materialist things. I know that Jon and Kate effect so many people in them watching their show. I am more than possitive that women struggling to have children find hope in watching Kate endure the same struggle and men seeing at how loving Jon is despite working a long day and them coming home to, what I would assume is a loud household.....not many can do that!!!

No comments: