Alright...I wish that someone would have told me that school was going to be as hard as it is. I know, your probley thinking that....Molly it's college what do you expect!! Yeah, I think that I forgot about that little detail when I registered for Advertising, American Lit 2, Intro Communications, Anthropology and Weight Lifting!!! It's only 13 hours, but let me tell you it's 13 HARD hours. I have never been one to study much, I have always wished and kind of lead the life that school comes easy to me, that I can be like EMily Smith and not study and still make a "amazing" grade! HA, I wish that was me. The Lord gave me other gifts and talents to have, and being a 4.0 student was NOT one of them. Don't get me wrong, I try my hardest ( at times), and my parents have raised me to work your hardest in all that you do. Thank you Mom and Dad for that :)
I'm enjoying the afternoon at Dr. Java across the street from campus, sitting at a table tucked in a little corner listening to some smooth jazz. Very soothing!! Wireless internet, is a god-send in a college town.....there is nothing better to be studying and surfing the web at the same time.
Well, I have offically finished the first week of school, I thank the Lord that he gave me the strength to get through it. I think the first and last week of classes are the hardest because it is beyond overwhelming to be sitting in a class with 40 people getting bombarded with information. I think that as hard as this semester is going to be, it's going to be alot of fun to. It's going to be one of those semesters that really makes you understand and appreciate education. Like Mommy Kimmy says, is that you know that you have to study and that it is more than likely not going to come easy, you may make a "C" and that is ok. My desire in college is to at least make it on the deans list for at least a semester....I have 5 more to go so we will see.
I love the new apartment that Emma and I have. It is so cute, and we have added our little touch of TLC to it, creating it to be our own space. I still have to find some curtins for my bedroom and the living room.....I'm thinking that Pier 1 is going to help me out in that department. If I'm lucky mommy kimmy will help me out in providing drapes for a broke college student:(
Please pray that I can make it through this semester with the knowledge needed to succeed and the determination to over come the walls that are set in front of me. I think the only class that I am actually going to get an A in is weight lifting and the plus to that is that I am going to have a killer body. Yeah I said it, I'm going to be looking good. I woke up this morning and tryed to get out of bed and about feel because I was so sore...it just shows you at how out of shape you really are, at least I admit that!!!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment