
This week is South's S/B, and the roomie and I took a mini-road trip to the "L.A of the South" the good ole' Atlanta! Now for anyone who has ever lived in a bigger city than 500,000 people, you know that it's a totally different way of life. Well, I LOVE IT! I think that I have always been a city girl at heart, the fast paced life-style, the night life, the people, the shopping, the food, just everything makes me smile and made me want to head back to Mobile and pack up and move!!!
The main reason for our trip was to go and see one of my favorite artists...ADELE!! And as I found out, that her C.D does her no justice what so ever. Her voice is a true gift from above, because throughout the entire show I kept getting chill bumps. And what astonishes me more is that she 20!! My age, and already has won a Grammy, is headline her own tour, and doing what she loves the most in this life....singing :)
So "finding your place" comes in, in the simple fact that its inevitable that I am going to graduate from South and move away from Mobile. I plan on moving away, but it's where I find that place is up in the air. I compair falling in love with a city with high school students going and touring college campuses. It's the same thing, you either love it or you hate it. So, I fell in love with Atlanta. Emma thought it was crazy because I was ok with sitting in traffic, I was ok with the smell at times, and I was ok with the people(let me tell you that large cities are the "melting pot" of every culture).....I love that.
One of Adele's songs that she sings is called "Hometown Glory", it's basically about her hometown, London, but you can relate it to every city.
"Hometown Glory"
I've been walking in the smae way as I did
Missing out the cracks inthe pavement
And tutting my heal and strutting my feet
Is there anything I can do you dear?
Is there anyone I could call?
No and thank you please madame
I ain't lost just wandering
Round my hometown
Memories are fresh
Round my homwtown
Oh the people I've met
Are the wonders of my world
Are the wonders of my world
Are the wonders of this world
Are the wonders now
I like it in the ciy
When the air is so thick and opaque
I lvoe to see everybody in short skirts
shorts and shades
I like it in the city when two worlds collide
You get the people and the governement
Everybody taking different sides
Show'sthat we ain't gonna stant shit
Shows that we are united
Shows that we ain't gonna take it
Shows that we ain't gonna stand shit
Show that we are united
Round my hometown
Memories are fresh
Round my hometwon
On the people I've met
Are the wonders of my world
Are the wonders of my world
Are the wonders of this world
Are the wonders of my world.
I'm going to that "place" and when I move there it's going to be full of exciting things and this trip has made me want to get back and kick butt in school, so I can one day be in that city of lights, of excitement, of dreams, and of new people to meet. Because, one thing that I have found out, is that this life is way to short to NOT do the things you want. If you want it, go and get it!
No comments:
Post a Comment