But, what I'm more disgusted about more than anything is the stupid memorial service that was held in the Staples Center. OK, I understand that he was a talented, aw inspiring Musial, but really! 17,000 people!
I didn't think that it would be aired on 9....yes 9! stations. How stupid?! I was pretty embarrassed to say the least that I was an American, because we made a bigger deal about Michael Jackson dieing than we do about most presidents( somethings wrong there).
But, what made the entire thing worse, was when his daughter Paris Michael Jackson (a little vein of a name, don't you think) spoke at the end of the service. To me it was disgusting that the entire family stood there and watched this young girl talk in front of thousands of people and millions world wide, expressing how sad she was about losing her daddy. That of course is not fair, but what made me mad was, why didn't they have a private memorial? Why did they need to air it around the entire world?
I could go on and on about this entire thing, but I wont. And the next statement, please don't be offended by it, but that memorial service wouldn't have been aired if there was a black president in office. Yep, I said it, you know for a fact that if George W, was in office he wouldn't have sent his condolences to the family and he for sure wouldn't have put a public statement out there. But oh, Mr. Obama sure did (because he is less of a leader and more so a celebrity)! That makes me feel real safe. That while we are at war, where children are being kidnapped and murdered in our back yards, all the news could play was coverage of this person's death (which to tell ya the truth, NO ONE CARES)...yes, it's sad, but it's life....it's called the circle of life!
So, there is my rant for the day.
Everyone enjoy the July heat and try to stay cool :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment