Thursday, December 25, 2008

Tis' The Season

Gosh, another Christmas gone by!!! I remember as a kid, the countdown to Christmas Day and how much fun it was for us to tear off the tab for the day's left...how magical it was all for me. And I feel bad for saying this, but the magic is so not in it for me anymore. This is my all time favorite time of year, no doubt about it, but for some reason this year I just didnt really care. I know that sounds horrible, but it's the truth. I think the reason I didn't care was because I really forgot the real meaning behind all the decorations, the food, the gifts and the crazyness that we put ourselves through. I forgot that on this day a Savior was born, and that this child would one day die on the cross for my sin. Now how selfish I feel for saying that.

This morning the family got up and went over to Mobile to go and deliever meals to those that are less fortunte, through the "WaterFront Rescue Mission." We all did it last year and it is such a wonderful way to start the day off, by serving others and not making the moment or day about you. I will tell you that there were moments during delievering the meals that I just wanted to break down and cry, because of the condition's that some of these individuals were living in. No one really thinks of Mobile as being gross or nasty, but drive a little up I-65 and through Prichard and you will find the dirt and poverty of the South. But, the expression on these people's faces when you showed up at their down step with a hot meal was one tha t will always be remembered. Even though we drove through some rough areas and delievered meals in some rough areas, I hoped right out of the car and delievered my meal regardless of who was standing there.....I think that may need to change, I can't be that ope and free about everything.

Well I hope that your day was as relaxing and refreshing as mine was. I pray that as 2008 comes to a close, that 2009 will bring great joyful moments and stories that will last a lifetime.

No comments: