Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's Been a While!


Hi Everyone!!!

Yes, I am still alive and doing well. As you can see I found a new hair "statement!" Of course, there was not planning in getting my hair cut this way, it just ended up this way and I rolled with it. It seems to be a hit, and I think it works ( a cute cut for the spirng)!

So, let me catch up on my life, since my last post which was almost 2 months ago.

NOT MUCH HAS HAPPENED!!!

Really, I ended last semester with some 'great' grades. I was very proud of myself for buckling down like I did and finishing the semester off with the grades I did.
The holidays were very low-key and enjoyable. I have found that as you grow older, you value sharing moments with your family that are funny and memorable rather than recieve hundreds of gifts. Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE my new Coach purse that I got, but it was just something that I have been observing.
This should make you laugh.....I spent New Year's Eve by myself in my apartment, in my PJ's eating pretzels!!! YES, you read it right...I rang in 2009 without my friends or family, no drink, no midnight kiss, just me myself nad I!!! That is a moment that will go down in the books as "lamest thing I have ever done!"

What has been happeneing around here currently is pretty basic. I am taking 13 hours this semester and the reason why, is so I can keep a good GPA, I am shooting for 3.5 but I would settle for a 3.0.
So between school and working as a server at Buffalo Wild Wings, I really don't have much time for anything else. I have made some really good friends through work, and have really enjoyed hanging out with them. Although, I think working at BWW has been th ebest thing for me, becaue I now have a view of what my life could be like if I don't get a college degree of some sort. There are young people that, this is their income...tip's are their income. Where tips' buy me the things I need in life like: shoes, clothes, mani/pedi's, makeup, gas and food. As you can see my priotiries have gotten a little backward, but a girl's got to look good.

I wish that I had the energy to write stories about what has happened to me while working in the resturant business!!! There is no doubt in my mind that if you were to get a group of servers from all different types of sit down resturants, you would pee your pants from laughing so hard with all the funny stuff that goes on. I sometimes have to call mom just to tell her something because she will laugh, since she most likely had been in that exact situation!!!
There still is no boyfriend (although I do hangout with them and talk with them....big step), I have more friends (if you define a friend, as someone you text and go to lunch with), so I guess I have been doing pretty well for myself.

I pat myself on the back, because for the past 2 months, I have been buying everything myself with the money that I make. The only thing that Mom and Dad pay for is rent, college, insurance, and cell phone...everything else is on me.
Since it's rolling in o n 3AM and I have to be at work at 10AM, I better get to bed. I promise that I will start posting at least once a wekk. Because, believe me there is alot on my heart that needs to be let out, but there just isnt enough time to do it all.

No comments: