Saturday, August 16, 2008

Moving On

It is so freeing and refreshing to have a new start at something. It's a wonderful blessing that I have had the opportunities in my life that I have had. As I have learned life experiences are worth more than anything-even though they may hurt in the moment, in the long run they change you to be a better person.
Last August I moved to Auburn to live with a friend and go to school. In the moment I hated Auburn.....I cryed everyday and came home at least 2 times a month. I will not lie, that year was one of the hardest times in my life. I believe that I could have had a better time, if I had given the situation to the Lord right in the beginning, but me being myself and selfish and sinful, I could do it and I didn't need the Lord to help me. As I look back, I really did! My poor parents, getting phone calls of me just crying.....but how great they were to calm my spirits and pray for me in the moment and it was amazing to feel amazingly better. The power of the Lord!!!

Yesterday, I moved again. Not as far from home, but far enough away. I moved to Mobile, so I could be closer to the University of South Alabama. And I will tell you, I love it. I moved myself and when my parents came over yesterday evening to see me, and they left....I was all smiles inside. Because I knew in my heart of hearts that this was where I was called to be. I know that this journey the Lord has placed me on, is going to be one of great memories and laughter ( not saying that it is going to be hard at times). I think the best part about moving, is unpacking the boxes and redecorating a room. Making it your own!! I found out last year, your room needs to be a place of peace and a place where you can go and just sit and relax, your place for yourself. So, that is what I have created, a place for myself.

School starts Monday, and I am looking forward to moving on in that area of my life as well. It's about time I get to a University!! But as I find out, the paths we walk in this life are only because they make us stronger and they actually help mold us into the people we are called to be.

So here's to moving on and to starting a new school year. Just 2 1/2 more to go!!

No comments: