WOW!
What a week it has been so far. Can I just begin with "thank God" this election is over. I went over to Fairhope yesterday after class and voted, and let me tell you it was one of the most humbling and honoring things that I have ever done. To think that I made a difference in our country is one of the coolest things. The entire time I was driving from Mobile back home I kept thinking that, our country is one of very few that get to vote freely. I will not be killed or tortured because of what I am doing. I got to walk into a poll freely without persecution and vote for someone that I think would be a good leader.
So that was an experience and I won't forget. And especially since a radical change occurred last night. A man that came from a totally different back ground and has different world views will be running our country. That's not a bad thing. I thought that it would be. I really thought that if Obama got elected it was going to be the end of the world. But then I came to the conclusion that no matter who gets elected, that person was meant to be president, that person will have the power to run our country and as a country and Americans we have to stand behind him 100% and help him run this country.
To say the least I feel that I am beyond blessed to be an American and to have the rights that I have. I get to go to school freely and major in what I want to major in. I get to be a free person and that is something beautiful.
So I have decided to embrace President Obama and support him. He may be the best thing that has ever happened to our country, think of it that way.
On a lighter note, I only have 3 weeks left of school. It's crazy to think that I am already done with the semester and that my 20th birthday is tomorrow. We celebrated last night while I was home in Fairhope because Mom is going to be in Wisconsin for work the rest of the week. So I have been thinking about what is going to be happening in the future....20 years fly by and before you know it I will be nearing 40!!! I would rather not think of that.
But I want to write down what I really have a desire to do in the coming years.
1. graduate from South Alabama with a degree in Public Relations.....hopefully in 2 years from May!!!!
2. Move away from Mobile, hopefully to a large city.....I want to explore a big city and be part of it, that just seems so exciting to me.
3. land a job in the fashion industry. Something that I hope one day I will be able to achieve. I would settle fro being a PR person for a major sports team as well.
4. Later on in life, marry a man that will love me for me and serve the Lord.
I just want to enjoy my 20's, enjoy the moment that they fly by and that before you know it they will be over. It's hard to imagine growing up and it's hard to see myself not being a student but being a career woman....exciting but scary. I'm not sure what the Lord has in store for me, but I am willing to wait and find out.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment